Founded in Rimini in 1999, Cittadinanza Onlus is an association that carries out and supports projects of international cooperation, training and awareness-raising for the welfare of people with mental illness and children with disabilities in low and middle income countries.
To return the feeling of being a citizen to all those who experience disability or mental health problems in a context of poverty. We work so that every child, young or adult can be included in their community, feel welcome, have access to quality care, take the first steps towards a dignified life, leave behind stigma, prejudice and isolation.
We believe in the world in which there are no second-rate citizens, but in which each individual can have his own rights.
We believe that people with disabilities or mental health problems are entitled to:
- not be subjected to discrimination
- autonomy and self-determination
- free social and health services
- social, school and work inclusion
We undertake to observe:
- enhancement of partnerships and local skills
- respect for cultures
- communication that is not detrimental to dignity